Boho-chic is a combination of bohemian and chic, it's a fashion fusion that takes the classic bohemian look to a more sophisticated level. It allows you to express your personality and sense of style, but still, maintain a level of suave.
To create a Boho Chic look think of comfortable and natural fabrics, retro patterns, neutral and warm shades, and add a little dazzle with flowy embellishments and accessories.
If you're looking to dress more 'Boho Chic' , adding a capsule collection of some bohemian elements to your wardrobe is a great way to start. Simply add 10-20 essential bohemian elements to your wardrobe that you can mix and match how you like.
Here are some things to think about when creating a Boho Chic wardrobe:
- Colors - The easiest way to start is to create a curated color palette. Include warm and cold hues, use sister and cousin shades, include neutral and pastels, avoid neon and other non-natural colors.
- Materials - Boho is all about natural and comfortable materials such as lace, crochet, leather, denim, suede, wood or rattan.
- Patterns - Boho chic holds onto elements of the bohemian pattern and colorful look but in a more subtle way. Adding a touch of pattern elements such as floral, tribal, lattice, paisley or trellis to your outfit allows you to add some uniqueness and interesting mix-match elements.
- Tops - Find loose and relaxed fits with bell, trumpet and other flowy style sleeves of any length. V necklines or off the shoulder cuts are great. Elements with decorative trims such as pompoms, tassels and embroideries are a must. And don't forget about mixed print designs.
- Bottoms - Skirts, pants or shorts with mixed prints, relaxed fits, natural materials and embroideries work very well. Look for flowy, flouncy skirts and mixed prints.
- Outerwear - Cosy garments with slightly oversized silhouettes that can be worn over a variety of outfits. Look for distressed elements and decorative fringes.
- Footwear - Chunky or platform heels, flat sandals and cowboy boots are some boho chic wardrobe must haves. Look for natural materials with wood accents and warm hues such as browns, beige and grey.
- Accessories - Bucket style and wide rim hats, rattan bags and belts, and antiqued finish, wood or crystal element jewelry. Think braid or perforated detailing, fringe and tassels, ethnic and patchwork designs.
Mix and match however you like, but don't over it, and you've created your own personal Boho Chic look.